Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's a Girl!!!!

We officially have a daughter waiting for us in China! After two plus years of waiting, we finally know her face...

This precious girl with her worried little expression is all ours.

So much information to share ... but I'll get to that in the coming days. For now, here are the basics. Our baby girl is almost 15 months old. Her birthday is July 31!!! If you know me well, you know what a big deal that is! So now, we have three July 31 birthdays in my family -- our daughter, me and my sister. It was meant to be.



She is living in an orphanage in the area near Hong Kong (way down in southern China), and we are hoping to travel in February to go get her. It should take about three months for all of the necessary paperwork to be completed so that we can travel. We are very excited and trust that the next three months will fly by with the holidays and with all we have to do to prepare for our trip and her arrival.



There is SO more to share about our girl, but I'll do that in the next post. Just wanted to get the announcement out now!

No comments: