Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lia Kate's Gotcha Day Movie

Finally, here is Lia Kate's Gotcha Day movie! It took a while to get uploaded ... so without further ado ... here it is:

Lia Kate's Gotcha Day from on Vimeo.


A few comments ...
* I chose not to upload at the highest quality to make the process faster, so it probably will not look good if you try to expand to full screen.

* Thanks to Brandon Blanch for all the great Gotcha Day photos. They are truly treasures!

* You may notice in the movie that our airplane seats aren't exactly of the "economy" variety. It is only because two wonderful, generous women decided to help us book our flights and in the process, and before we knew it, they booked us business class seats and paid for them. It was an amazing gift.

* If we look distracted or unemotional on the actual Gotcha Day ... it is only because the scene is pure chaos! There are babies screaming in the background, people speaking loudly in Chinese to each other, and people talking to us non-stop. Things happen so fast in that room, it is surreal.

* Those of you in the adoption world may have seen a similar Gotcha Day video. Yes, a few things in my video come straight from hers. This was my first iMovie project and I didn't know what I was doing. And ultimately couldn't think of a better way to do it. So, if she ever runs across this, I hope she believes that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

* The movie is kind of long! When I wanted to cut chunks out, I had to remind myself that I was doing this for Lia Kate. And she and Britton both love to watch the movie in its entirety.

* And, lastly, watching this video makes me want to jump on a plane and go adopt all over again!

Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

The Giffen Family said...

Beautiful work Emily!! What an awesome job you did and what a treasure for Lia Kate to have! We've loved watching her personality grow -- what a joy she is an a sweet lil' addition to our family!
Love -
R,D,W

Julie said...

Emily that was AMAZING!!! You did such great job! I had to stop it twice to get a tissue.

Kelley Brown said...

Emily, it came out great!!!! You did an amazing job! Lia Kate will treasure this for years and years to come. All of the video clips from China have convinced me to bring a video camera with us to capture things that still photos can't always do. The footage of you talking to Lia Kate while she's lying on the bed made me tear up...so sweet. I think that was her first or 2nd night with ya'll. A beautiful story and a beautiful family!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow. A masterpiece. What a gift.
Love, Uncle Scott & Tia Yvi

Elizabeth said...

So so so sweet! Fabulous job, Emily! I cried... :) Can't wait to film our own "Gotcha Day"!