Monday, December 28, 2009

Gardens Trip & Big Strides for Our Girl

Today we went to Yuntai Park, which is the botanical gardens here in Guangzhou. It was beautiful! Lia Kate had a great day out, but then again, she is always fabulous when we're out and about.

Today was a big day for her as she started laughing out loud and even taking a couple of steps. It started when we were playing with her toys on the bed this afternoon. I started tickling her and she started with smiles and then started laughing out loud. Before I knew it, she was standing up, then taking a few steps toward me, then would fall into me laughing. I would lift her over my head and she would laugh some more, then I would set her down in front of me and she would do it all over again. Her smile and laugh are completely adorable!

I have lots more to say but it is hard to do when I am holding a fussy girl who won't sleep without me! Hopefully I'll have time to blog during the day tomorrow while we are waiting word that our paperwork passes the U.S. Consulate. Until then ...




5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful day! Britton and I are on the way to pre-school. Just wanted to post on how beautiful and happy all 3 of you look in the gorgeous garden pics. Not too much longer...Britton sends kisses!!

Mark said...

Danny and Emily,

I just now figured out how to comment on this blog thingie. I am so thrilled for you both as you make a new family with Lia Kate. We are praying for you and can't wait to see you all. This has got to make Him smile!

Mark

Mrs. Butts said...

Emily, I got on your blog today to order a tshirt and ended up navigating through all the information about Lia Kate and the adoption. I do not really even know you and I am sitting her boohooing. I am so excited for yall. I will check back in a couple of weeks to order my shirt.
Lorrie B. Grapevine Texas

Erin Hughey said...

thinking of you lots! Cannot wait to meet her! what a precious precious picture of the way that God pursues and adopts us into his grace!

Elizabeth said...

She is a doll. Thank you for sharing your journey. It has been really sweet to see the hand of god move to put LK in your arms. I just keep thinking about how incredibly blessed she is - I can't wait to see the ways that God uses her through this. We will keep praying for her transition...and yours! Love, Elizabeth