Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Red Couch Pictures

Here at the White Swan, it is a longstanding tradition that Chinese children who are being adopted take pictures in traditional Chinese dress on "the red couch." It is like a rite of passage. When we first arrived at the White Swan to check-in, I excitedly asked our guide where "the red couch" was. I didn't realize there are tons of red couches in this hotel and there isn't a particular one that every adopted child from the last 20 years has sat on. Oh well. While that part was a little anticlimactic, we still took part of the tradition, and dressed Lia Kate up in one of her new Chinese outfits, sat her on the couch and snapped away. Most were of her screaming as she wanted to be held, but since that is part of her "red couch" moment, I had to include.

3 comments:

The Giffen Family said...

Even the crying is precious!! She looks adorable! Are those squeaky shoes I see on her feet??

Unknown said...

Well, I certainly like the red couch you picked, that is a beautiful chinese scene behind. I love the little pink outfit - so fitting for a beautiful little girl. Happy Anniversary!!! I remembered yesterday, then forgot this morning, sorry.... LK was so cute and animated on our call, I'm so glad to see what her real personality is.... she's gonna be a busy little girl when she gets home and sees all her new toys, that is if she can stand her own against her big brother!! See you Friday!!
Love, GrandMarna

Sarah Largen said...

this sweet girl, even when she's crying. love to you and I'm glad each day is a bit better for this baby girl. happy anniversary & happy new year.